What is My Life Capsule?
My Life Capsule is a technology solution that connects families across generations, relieves day-to-day & time-critical administration, & helps manage the emotional & logistical requirements at every stage of life.
Celebrate the highlights of your life, share your favourite stories, celebrated family recipes & photos while recording critical information & documentation for loved ones.
How does it work?
You will be guided through your capsule step-by-step using type or voice recordings. Questions will prompt you to remember special moments and stories in your life, upload your favourite photos and memories and allow you to upload & share your critical documentation and information.
1. Register your username and password
2. Select one of the following sections within your Dashboard and follow the steps to add content:
a) Life Memories
A step-by-step guide to capture the highlights of your life. Record favourite memories, tales, family history, legends & recipes.
b) Personal Organisation Tool
Securely record your critical & digital information; financial, legal, health, medical, education, career, identity, passwords & more.
c) My Life Capsule Junior
Store & share your child’s precious memories, health records, artwork, certificates, school reports & photographs.
d) Photos, Videos & Audio
Upload and label photos, videos & audio files. Celebrate your most precious life memories with a keepsake print, framed & delivered.
e) Personal / Digital Record
Capture your personal and digital records, passwords and pin codes in a safe & secure location for the nominated guardian of your capsule to access.
Write personal letters to your loved ones, to be sent at a specific time, but not read, by the nominated guardian of your capsule.
Share individual sections of your capsule with family or friends, and nominate a guardian to manage your capsule if something happens to you.
h) Legacy Board
A gathering point where families are brought together to celebrate the lives of their loved ones using the interactive Legacy Board to share the life story of the capsule owner and to invite friends and family to submit images and stories of their memories with this person.
3. Complete your capsule at your own pace, share with anyone you like, skip questions any time and complete them when you’re ready. You capsule auto-saves every 60 seconds. Access your capsule at any time, on any device.
Can I create a capsule for my loved one if they can not type or write?
We are passionate about supporting our clients and their families, from generation-to-generation, to capture their most precious memories, information and wishes. If your loved one is unable to create their own capsule, you must first ensure you have the full permission from your loved one to create a capsule on their behalf. You may consider one fo the following options:
- Ask questions and type in the answers as you go
- Record your conversation and upload in the media capsule
- Most mobile phones now have voice recording capability. You can simply record, save and upload to the capsule.
- Video your conversation and upload in the media capsule.
- Most mobile phones now have video recording capability. You can simply record one, or multiple videos, and upload in the media capsule.
- Ask friends and family to contribute photos, videos and stories
Does My Life Capsule replace my legal documentation?
My Life Capsule does not replace or supersede any legally binding documentation. Nor does it form part of a persons’ medical, financial or will & last testament. Consultation with a legal professional is recommended for users who do not have an active Will.
See our full Terms & Conditions here
What size files, images, videos can I upload to my capsule?
Subscription holders may upload up to 200GB of data.
Document files may be uploaded up to a 500mb limit per file in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf
Photos, Videos and Voice Memos may be uploaded up to a 500mb limit per file. The media capsule accepts the following formats: .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .gif, .mp4, .mpg, .mov, .wmv, .avi, .ogv, .3gp, .3g2, .mp3, .ogg, .wav